Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Day From Hell

Should I start with the bad news or the bad news?

First, we only got 4 eggs. Not great. Better than 3 but not great. Our odds just went down. I had over 10 follicles. The doctor says he doesn't know what happened other than my age. Now we have to hope and pray that they are mature and that they fertilize and divide and grow. It only takes one right?

Second bad news, pain, extreme, excruciating pain. I woke up and felt like I had to pee. I mean pee like then, like pee so bad it hurt. They got me up and walked my still drugged up body to the bathroom. I peed, no real relief. I walked back and told the nurse. She got me some Tylenol and they sent me on my way.

I get back to the room and head for the toilet. I sit there in extreme pain. I'm sweating and nauseaus from the pain. I was for the Tylenol to kick in but it doesn't. I call the clinic. I am told to get out of the bathroom and rush back to the clinic.

They quickly get me back in my same room and the doctor comes in very apologetic. He thinks he must have either punctured or scraped my bladder. They do an ultrasound and everything looks okay. The doctor says my bladder needs a break so it can heal so I need a catheter. They get everything ready and start. The pain was wicked. I am crying and wiggling all over. I can't stand it. I have a high pain tolerance and I thought I was going to pass out from the pain. She removes the catheter and asks if I want an IV and pain management and then try again. Didn't have to ask me twice, I jumped on that idea. She quickly put the IV back in and loaded me up with Dilaudid and other meds. It takes a little bit but I soon get some relief. They run an entire bag of IV fluids through to fill my bladder. After an hour they try again with success.

I was sent home with a script for meds, including more pain meds. The catheter will stay in until tomorrow. I have been in bed resting. I have taken 2 of the pain pills, I find if I don't the pain does start to come back. So me and my pee bag have an intimate relationship.

Tomorrow when I go back we will get our fertilization report. Please pray or send out good intentions that all 4 eggs are mature and will fertilize normally and divide as they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment